Thursday, June 17, 2010

I NEED TO PLAY MORE

Today I'm at Saratoga, like the last several weeks. I bring my Cyclocross bike with me to commute to work and around town. Rain all day but at evening stopped so I decided to go to the gym in my bike and then go for groceries and dinner in my bike too.

Oh men, I felt like I was a kid again. I really enjoyed to ride around with my bike. Also I tested the saddle bags putting my groceries on it, the tail of the bike handle it impressible and the whole riding experience was great. Gears flies up and down and because of the tires and frame I was able to go a little of road and on top of some curves. An amazing evening and while reading and thinking I notice that I'm taking the whole training too serious, like I'm training to win, and is not the case.

I think I lost perspective why I'm doing this. Is not an obligation I'm doing it because I want it and even while I need to push at the WOD I also need to enjoy it, not just suffer.

First WOD was 10, 20, 30 Boxjumps, squats, pushups, burpees. I pushed hard, at one point doing the last 30 burpees I felt like going out, like in a weird "zone" black one, and I decided to push it to go beyond what I was feeling or my mind was telling me. Was a good feeling.... finish in 10:24

Inmediately after that 2nd. WOD and since the pool was close I did 2500 mts row (500mts per each 100yds). Finish in 10:29.

I will keep researching "the black zones" looking forward to find the uncomfortable, comfortable and learn to be better in life.

Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right: when it's a choice, not an obligation, all training becomes play.

    ReplyDelete