Thursday, June 17, 2010

CYCLOCROSS WOD AND OTHER THOGHTS

Last night I went to bed and read "Ultramarathon Man" and found a couple of very good paragraph which help me in my process to find answers, peace and balance about what I'm doing.

One of them which really reflects what I feel is "... pain and suffering are often the catalysts for life's most profound lessons."

Another quote, not from this book but from SEAN LEFLOCH BLOG "... That is the most difficult part about this training, getting comfortable with the uncomfortable on a regular basis." So true, getting comfortable with the uncomfortable is not an easy task. The mind immediately refuses to go beyond and we need to teach it the right.

Today I have a long day ahead and a long night but I wake up feeling better, mentally and physically.

Went to the gym (cyclocrossing :) to do the 1st. WOD: 21 burpees, 500mts. row, 15 burpees 500mts. row, 9 burpees, 500mts. row. Total time: 8:58

Jump on the bike, went to the office, leave the back pack and hit the road for the 2nd. WOD. bike 3 miles rest 1 min, bike 6 miles rest 2 mins, bike 9 miles, rest 3 mins, bike 12 miles. The cyclocross is a fun bike, and handles awesome, but for moments is just like riding pulling a big truck... tires grip to the road like suction cup and the saddlebags are not that aerodynamic, other than that awesome.

I have fun and push it all the hills climbing hard.

Did the intervals at route 9N. I did the math wrong and in the way out I need to stop at the office with less than 5 miles still to go... run out of time and I was already late for the night show, that's what I decided to call it.

On the way back I toke this picture...



GARMIN DATA:
Untitled by legassa at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment