Friday, June 4, 2010

AMRAP & BIKE INTERVALS

Yesterday was another long day but after the good news about being able to compete @ Ironman Lake Placid, everything was OK.

Hit the hotel Gym because I didn't want to go to the YMCA.

First WOD:

AMRAP 15 MINUTES: 20 BOX JUMPS, 5 PUSH PRESS (70%MAX), 10 BURPEES.
Since I was at the Hotel Gym they don't have jump boxes, did it on a bench, also they don't have barbells, did the WOD with 2 40lb dumbbells.

I complete 7 rounds and 2 burpees.

Second WOD:
4x5K bike, increasing effort, decreasing speed 80%-100%
4 minutes rest in between. Did it on a stationary bike at the hotel.

1) 5km - Resistance # 8 - Time: 9:32
2) 5km - Resistance # 10 - Time: 10:25
3) 5km - Resistance # 12 - Time: 11:01
4) 5km - Resistance # 14 - Time: 10:48


Last one was really hard.

Mental note: I don't want to talk about winter and training on the basement but next time I setup the trainer I will be doing it as hard as possible. The difference between basement or stationary bikes and real life hills is huge.



2 comments:

  1. I agree not a fan of wintertime training but we do what we have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I notice you visited the hotel gym. Would you mind writing a review at http://www.HotelGymReview.com?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete