Monday, May 31, 2010

Angry, Sad and trying to keep it together

When I started this training my goal was to participate at Ironman Japan.

I dream many nights about it, I focus on my training thinking on the finish lane and vision the whole thing thousand times in my head.

I almost can feel it.

But today I received an email saying the race is canceled. Was devastating at first. Like someone close to me dies.

For some will sound crazy. But that was how I felt.

Then I realize, like in a race, if I focus my energy on being sad, angry or other way I will not get nothing. Zero.

So I put my act together and start sending emails (via websites) to 1. Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2. Ironman Lake Placid 3. Ironman France. Also contacted some friends at Ironman.

France immediately reject my request, same Lake Placid. Hoping for Coeur d'Alene.

IF SOMEONE KNOW ANYBODY AT IRONMAN PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Then, life goes on....

Did the WOD for today and yesterday pending bike WOD.

1) WOD ROW 500TMS. + Thrusters 45lb barbell x 4 x time Total time: 18:28 I started with 45+50lb but 10 reps in i figure it even with all the angry in the world I will not be able to pull it out. I continued with the prescribed weight.






2) WOD. 45 minutes bike ride: Leave Juliet with the neigh boards and went to the hilliest route I can find to be tired and don't think to much about the whole thing.... Felt good to be outside riding my bike -with the ZIPPs ready for race :( -

45 MINUTES BIKE RIDE: 20:31KM
45 minutes + by legassa at Garmin Connect - Details


Last 45 minutes: 20:29km

45 Minutes bike (ZIPP) by legassa at Garmin Connect - Details

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Ariel. I know things will work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ariel,
    We've not met, but as one of the newer TriMax athletes, I have been following your blog. Can't imagine how upset you are about the race being canceled. You've trained hard and deserve to see your goal come to fruition. And it will! Just not in Japan. Like Dan, I think it will work out for you. I really do feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! So sorry to hear this. I hope that you get into another race very soon.

    ReplyDelete