Sunday, April 11, 2010

FRAN runs half marathon and PR!

Today I had 2 WOD.

Fran (21, 15, 9) thrusters @95lb & pull ups. I setup the bar outside the garage to enjoy the beautiful sunny day.

Thrusters are hard, pull ups to. Manage to do: 8:32

Went to do a bunch of chores before to run and then started my 13.1 run.

Route: 44 - 176 - 4 - 179 - 202 - 179.

I run this distance just 3 times in my life. All of them in the last 2 month period.

I started with the goal to run the whole route with POSE in my mind. Tight core, chest up, relaxed arms, head hanging from the sky and picking up the feet as fast and straight as I can.

On mile 3 (10 to go) I start feeling the same pain on my left ball of foot, like a nail on my shoe or a huge rock on it.

I thought to stop, but not way I will quit. So I keep running moving my mind to other place.

Keep concentrating on the POSE all the way, even when my legs started to feel tired, the more tired the more I try to pick up the foot. Was a challenge but I decided to do it just to probe when the more tired you are is still doable the POSE.

Also, I my goal was not go under 6.5mph and I did it.

The pain on the ball of foot was manageable.

Very happy with this result. Still a lot more to do but this is a good milestone!

When I went home I take a look on my foot and find out a pretty big blister is growing.

Try to drain it with a needle but nothing come out. Maybe I need to abuse it a little more to break it...


NUMBERS:
2/23 2:20:52 (snowstorm)
3/21 2:03:36 (triathlon race day)
4/11 2:00:06

Distance: 13.10 mi
Elapsed Time: 02:00:29
Avg Speed: 6.5 mph
Max Speed: 11.1 mph
Avg Pace: 09:10 min/mi
Best Pace: 05:24 min/mi
Elevation Gain: 691 ft
Avg HR: 156 bpm
Max HR: 167 bpm
Avg HR: 84 % of Max
Max HR: 90 % of Max
Avg Run Cadence: 86 spm
Max Run Cadence: 93 spm

Untitled by legassa at Garmin Connect - Details




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. wow - you rocked it on your time! and with that nasty blister too! Impressive! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great run - now go take care of your foot, but may be a reoccuring thing. But now you know you can work through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great improvement with the time Ariel, look after that foot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picture Ariel! Way to bust through and keep going.

    ReplyDelete