Sunday, March 28, 2010

I KNOW THAT I DON'T KNOW

Yesterday and Today I was at Crossfit Endurance Certification. Held at Westwood, New Jersey. Master Yoda was there, and he is really "the master", hands down.

This is not my first Cert, I did Crossfit Level 1, Crossfit Kids and this one was one of the best, for many reasons.

To start, I thought my running was improving since I did 2:20 in my first ever 13.1 miles training and then 2:03 on race day, but you know what? NO!!!

My running needs A LOT OF IMPROVEMENT and after today I plan to practice, practice and practice the drills.

But good news, they video taped and show us what we ALL do wrong, even seasoned runners and that's a good point to start because we can improve and get better from here.

Also was really good to hear other people, their experience and their perspective about crossfit and endurance.

Day after day I'm more convinced that this is the path to follow, not only because make a lot of sense and "I feel it" but also because you have data, evidence, numbers or however you want to call it to support it.

Also I found out that, like when I was practicing martial arts, that you need to feel what your are doing, you need to be relaxed, flowing and following your instincts not the current.

No matter if other people are running centuries all weekends or running marathons before marathons, you need to believe in what your doing, believe in yourself and in your coach. By the way, if you don't have a coach call Max! Period.

What I plan to do from now on is watch the DVD I have from POSE METHOD over and over again and review all comments and drills from this weekend.

Other aspects wich I think are huge if I want to really improve:

MORE TECHNIQUE > MORE DRILLS (EVERY DAY ALL DAYS)
MORE WARM UPS.
STRETCH A LOT.
MORE YOGA ROUTINES.
MORE TECHNIQUE :)

Today was my last day off for a while, tomorrow 300 squats for time... and let the fun begin.

















-

No comments:

Post a Comment