Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Florida Crossfiters

Yesterday WODs:

1) Bike 20km @ 80%
2) 3-3-3-3-3 Backsquats

I went out to bike for 30km. Nice ride even I get lost and had to stop at several lights. Here in Florida cyclist are under same laws the cars have.

Good ride, windy but really good to feel the pedals and keep getting used to the diference between the trainer at the basement and the real road.

Up to know, without sitting with all the data that I need to upload, I will say the 20km TT at the basement is 3 to 4 minutes faster than outside rides.

Now I'm getting more perspective between the two.

After an early dinner, I hit a nearby Crossfit gym to do my backsquats.

I drop in at hardbodies port saint Lucie and after a brief introduction I was challenged to join the warm up, I accepted.

Stretching, 25 push ups, 25 situps, 25 squats, 5 climb the rope from a laydown position (first time for me), 100 mts lunges, 100 mts jogging with high knees and 400mts run to finish.

Then I hit the backsquats and the gym owner (a lady wich will be competing at the regionals next Saturday) corrected my posture on the backsquats and help me to improve my overall mechanics, really good advice.

She gave me a "deloud" exercise to finish.

5-10-15-20-25 reps delouding the weight on the backsquats, with 30 second rest/deloud in between.

Felt good to be part of a group and do Crossfit training.

Very positive day.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment