Monday, February 15, 2010

Thrusters, burpees and neighbor

My neighbor Dave want to do a Workout with me to try Crossfit.

Today was the perfect day to do it, holiday, nice weather and a good "WOD"

21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3 Thrusters and burpees.

We warm up, I explained the exercises, a couple of stretches and I gave him a broom stick, for me the 45lb prescribed dumbbell.

As we progress on the reps I'm watching him grasping for air, and stopping during the burpees saying "this thing is killing me"...

We did the whole workout, for some reason I started the Chronometer but stopped, may be was my sleeve or another thing on my arm, thing is I don't know how long it was.

He confessed to me that when we saw what we were doing, I will do this WOD and then I will do the elliptical at home.

After the WOD, on the lying on the floor looking at the sky, he told me he can't stand up and forget about the elliptical "I'm going home to rest"

Inside me I thought "Oh great I lost my first and only neighbor to train" but I was wrong, inside the house he asked me "what are we doing tomorrow"....

Really, felt good to share WOD with other people.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I did last Friday's 400 run, 50 squat sequence with a friend and he had a very similar reaction.

    ReplyDelete