Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Not for time, just for fun.

Today, after 13.1 miles, I feel sore, everywhere, I mean everywhere.

Today my sons WOD (my soon name is Francisco, we call him FRAN).
I did Fran not for time, just for survival. After yesterdays lack of legs on the last 3 miles, I decided to push harder, but was not an easy task.

21-15-9 Pull ups and thruster with 95lb. Pull ups breakdown in easy installments and thrusters the same. I don't clock it since I almost quit doing it.
I use bracelet on both knees since the pain is there, now times 2.

Anyway, I think I did it in about 10 minutes or longer since I hear 1 Motley Crue song + 1 Aerosmith song (both know for their long lyrics), so I assume I spend 10 + minutes.

After the 1st. WOD I felt a truck ran over me!
Went to the chiropractor and try to relax the muscles. Didn't work.

At evening, 2nd WOD. 1000yds for time. I did it without pushing to hard because I didn't have any energy left. I clock it just for the record 18:16. Not good.

To make matters worse, in the line by my side was the little mermaid swimming like he was at the Olympics... I felt like I was in slow motion camera.

Felts great to celebrate my birthday training. With goals in the future and being part of a team of great people.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Ariel, hope you get over the tired feeling that you have and that your knees get sorted soon. Part of training is to feel "pretty smashed" at times - just not all the time - I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jane. Today I felt better. I want to run as fast as you some day. My 13.1 miles the other day was super slow compare with yours.

    I need to practice more POSE!

    ReplyDelete