Saturday, February 13, 2010

BACKSQUAT, ROW & SWIM FOR TIME

Today I have 2 WOD. First one Back-squat 70% of weight used on 2/4 21 reps, 500mts. row, 15 reps (same weight), 500mts row, 9 reps, 500mts. row.

I used 155lb, which I feel I can control and perform the excercise correctly. I tried with 40lb. more and didn't felt right.

I had to run from one end to the other in order to do this exercise since the YMCA do not have the rower close to the weights.

Felt good, actually very good. TOTAL TIME: 6:41

At evening I did the 2nd. WOD. 400yds (7x50mts) x 4, 80% effort with 3 seconds rest in between.

I warm up with 100mts freestyle and off we go...

First 400yds was a little hard since I was tryng to stablish what means for me 80% effort, once you get use to 'PEDAL TO THE METAL' or you try to go all in, 80% is not easy to recognize, at least for me.

I think I push a little more than 80%.

On the 3 400yds I missed my count and I think I swim more than 400yds since the number for that series is 1 minute more than the 1,2 and 4th. or I just was to concentrated on bring my stroke close to the chest to produce more speed...

Numbers... 1) 5:55 2)5:57 3)6:49 4)6:01

Now I'm close to the 30 days mark of my first half Ironman and my first ever adult triathlon. Anxiety, fear, and other feelings are in my mind...

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ariel,

    With the way you are training, you will be great at your race. You know you've done the work, so all will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariel - you'll be fine - you have had some great results in training - keep these in your mind and know that you are strong & fit and more than capable of doing well in your race :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ariel,

    You are way more prepared than I was for my first triathlon. You'll do great! Make sure you call Max about a week before the race so he can help you with race day strategy. It worked wonders for me.

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU GUYS!!! AT THIS MOMENT THE COUNTDOWN SHOWS: 34 DAYS.... AND COUNTING.....

    ReplyDelete