Tuesday, February 2, 2010

5K for TIME, where seconds make a huge difference

Today reading the blogs I was inspire by the good words, good vibe and also nice pictures, like Mike's dog Moose.

I will not lie, looking at Mike's 20:29 or Jane's 21:52 I thought "can I do it better", but then I realized from my last 23:13, shave 2+ more minutes will be a huge improvement.

So I decided to push but having fun, not killing myself in the act of trying to be better...

First 1K I ran @ 7.5mhp and then I increased to 8.2mph for 1.5KM, then reality hit me and go back to 7.5 to 7.3 for 1km more.

The last 1KM I ran at 7.3 to 7.8 at the end. I push it, yes I did it, no mater how tired I was I don't listen my mind saying "are you crazy?"

The result is 38 seconds difference. I feel happy about it because I'm improving. I'm testing myself and how I feel running under some kind of pressure (myself) and all this in my weak area: Running.

Next time I will try to run faster, like Moose... maybe I need to go to a camp...

Cheers!


TODAY'S 5 K TT
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 5K FOR TIME

LAST 5K TT
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 5K FOR TIME

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! I should mention that because of my foot my 5K was a row, not a run. Also, while Moose is fairly speedy, should you go to his camp your most noticeable improvements will be your response time to commands, as will your understanding of the German language. This may or may not align with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, my first Ironman is in Japan, so I should go to a Japanese boot camp :)

    ReplyDelete