Sunday, January 10, 2010

GU ENERGY GELS

Today before starting my WOD I had 1 GU energy gel in order to start testing my theory that may be my poor perfofance in the bike yesterday not only was base on my sickness but also because I didn't have the GU CHOMPS that I had last time.

So today I had a GU Gel before I went swimming to do the 12x50meters.

In some way, seems to work, I felt with energy and pushing thru.

Right after I went to do the 400mts ROW + 15 push ups x4.

I really push thru this WOD, the result was a 11:34 minutes. I don't have previous data to compare with, so I don't know if it's good or not.

My question to the GO TRIMAX TEAM is:

Do you take anything?
If yes, how affects you?
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. For longer training activities, I do take in a GU Gel (my personal preference) but probably not as often as race day. You should take in what you will use on race day this way you know how your body reacts. I did a 20K bike on Saturday and took in a GU about 20 minutes in and it did help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For anything less than an hour, I usually won't take anything except water (unless I haven't had my coffee yet- then I might take a caffeinated GU). When I do use something for calories, my favorite is E-Gel.

    ReplyDelete