Thursday, January 28, 2010

Excuses, Excuses, Pain, more excuses and more pain...

Today I'm full of excuses, sorry teammates.

I started the day with a lot of leg pain, and really sore everywhere, even my soul hurt... :)

I managed to do the 5-5-5-5-5 dead lift even when my hands were bleeding. I have blisters product of yesterday's 5k row ... courtesy of MADMAX INC.

RESULTS:
1)45+(45x2)+(35x2)= 205 lb.
2)45+(45x2)+(35x2)+(25x2)= 255 lb.
3)45+(45x2)+(35x2)+(25x2)+(10x2)= 275 lb.
4)45+(45x2)+(35x2)+(25x2)+(10x2)+(10x2)= 295 lb.
5)45+(45x2)+(35x2)+(25x2)+(10x2)+(10x2)= 295 lb.

To continue complaining, my wife is on a business trip for a week, I'm taking care of my daughter (5 years old), the dog, the house, the meals, bath and bed time, etc. etc.

On top of everything I had a meeting in Saratoga Springs, NY 120 miles from my house, round-trip 5 1/2 hours of pure highway pleasure, and don't forget today snow all the way in and out.

In the middle of the meeting I received a phone call that the school where my daughter goes was calling the day at noon, and here I am 120 miles away from the school....

Lucky me, another teacher/friend of us bring Juliet with her until I arrived.

When I was at home I need to snowplow my driveway. I get stuck on the side of my driveway, and my truck hanging from the trees. Yes like a movie, the driveway was an ice-ring and almost felt from the mountain down... and I was thinking: now I need to solve this, feed my daughter, the dog, etc. etc AND, AND.... DO THE 2ND. WOD OF THE DAY....

YES THAT WAS IN MY MIND, EVEN WHEN I HAVE MY TRUCK HANGING FROM THE MOUNTAIN I was thinking on the 2min. stand/ 1min. sit on my bike for 10 times...

I start cutting some threes, try to move the truck and nothing, worse the truck was getting closer and closer to the trees and to free falling down. The chain saw run out of gas, the chain get lose, I couldn't see anything and...

And, the WOD still not done.

My good neighbor Dave was taking out the garbage and came to my rescue. With some ropes and the car we manage to move the track from the edge.

Still don't check the left side of my truck to see the aftermath of the Holiday on ice... I hope is nothing big...

OK, enough storytelling and down to business. Almost...

Went inside home, basement, bike... no legs and sore everywhere... and...

And, the WOD still not done.

In my mind I was thinking, what if I skip this WOD, I have plenty excuses...

But you know what, there is always good excuses in life to skip WOD, so I decided to finish the 2nd. MADMAX WOD.

I manage to do it close to my last result even when I couldn't felt my legs and was tired, too tired.

But, at the end of the day the balance is very good.

Had a good meeting, my daughter is a really good girl, the dog pee outside, the truck is in the garage, the WOD is done and I have health, love, food and a roof.


What else I can ask for?

Results posted below

TODAY'S WOD
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 2min. stand 1min.sit x 10

LAST SIMILAR WOD (30MIN.)
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 30 Minutes Bike

PREVIOUS AND SIMILAR WOD (20K)
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 20K for time
























6 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear that all are safe (daughter, dog, car and yourself)..you are as crazy as Max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done my man. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Phew, I am exhausted just reading all of that.

    Congratulations for getting it all done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for your comments. This is fun, reading and interacting with the trimax team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ariel - I think you are a superstar - I don't know that I would have done the WOD after all that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ariel,
    I am so completely inspired by you! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete