Saturday, January 23, 2010

30 MINUTES BIKE

Today bike WOD was 30 minutes for distance.

I pushed more than the last time and the payoff was better. 2.7 kilometers more than the last time.

Now my question is: How more you can push, how deep you can go before you blow up?

Seems like every time when the conditions are good (I'm not seek or too tired) I can push it a little more, but I'm a little afraid of blow it because of pushing too hard (injuries, etc.)

What's your opinions? Ideas?

TODAY'S DATA
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 30 Minutes Bike

LAST COMPARABLE DATA
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 20K for time

3 comments:

  1. Time trials are all about riding right at the edge of blowing. It hurts, but it is just at your lactate threshhold so you still clear lactic acid from your system. It is hard to find just the right effort to put you where you need to be - I always wonder if I could have gone a little harder, or did I start off too hard and ruin my chance to have my best time.

    Unfortunately this is not a direct answer. I too did the 30 min TT today and feel that for maybe the first time, or at least the first time in a long time, I rode it at just the right pace. It hurt, I mean it really hurt!

    It sounds like you have found, or are close to finding the right effort level for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me I am balancing the 'burn' vs. post injury 'pains' - I definitely know pain and it is completely different than the burn and pushing all out feeling. Sounds like you are on track

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with this too, I'm worried about pushing too hard in any of the workouts and then either failing to finish or ending up completing it at a snails pace!

    Max did tell me he wanted me to "blow up" I think when you do this you know you have reached your limit and then have a better idea of what you are capable of - I haven't done this - but after this week I will try to push harder so that I know where my limits are

    ReplyDelete